With the winter season is right around the corner, ice melt products are hitting the shelves and ready to be sold out, as usual! Don’t be caught with slippery sidewalks and driveways at your property and make your ice melt purchases now. There are many varieties of ice melting products to choose from, which include: Calcium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, and Urea. No matter which product you choose, below are some great tips for applying ice melt products to your property.
• Follow the ice melt instructions on the bag carefully and avoid over applying ice melt. Just because a little bit of ice melt does a good job, doesn’t mean a lot of ice melt will do a better job.
• Shovel away the majority of the snow that has accumulated first. Don’t try to melt away heaps of snow with ice melt alone, it will render poor results.
• Apply ice melt with a push-driven spreader. Using your hands or a cup will make ice melt clump and leave gaps, whereas a spreader ensures the product is applied evenly.
• Spread a light layer of ice melt before snow and/or ice storms. This can have a huge impact and make it easier on snow removal in the long run.
• Seal ice melt container/bag very well when storing. Ice melt can absorb moisture from the air and lose effectiveness over time.
Now that we have shared some tips for ice melt application, it’s time to get ahead of the mad shopping rush and purchase ice melt for your property. Buyers Access partners with a handful of national suppliers that supply great ice melt products. If you are interested in how your property can benefit from ice melt products and more, reach out to our team today. Buyers Access is the “one stop shop” that reduces property workload and provides an outstanding Multifamily Group Purchasing resource in the apartment industry.